Up for the exploration of a highly mysterious world, one filled with puzzles, dungeons and all manner of items, powers and abilities? XEL is going to be for you when it drops onto PC and console in 2022.
Announced by the publishing team at Assemble Entertainment, XEL is the latest title to join its award-winning roster. It’s been developed by those at Tiny Roar, as they have looked to create XEL along the lines of a vibrant sci-fi “Zelda-like”.
It’ll be hitting Xbox Series X|S, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC in 2022 as players get to explore a lush, vibrant world filled with gorgeous — and occasionally deadly — biomes. You’ll be left to solve intricate puzzles, explore mysterious dungeons, and battle merciless robots and exotic wildlife throughout.
XEL has been inspired by the like of the Zelda series, and this should mean that players get to work through an epic and heartwarming story filled with fantastical settings and memorable characters, with it all set to an emotionally powerful soundtrack from composer Gidon Wolff.
XEL follows an amnesiac protagonist named Reid, who finds herself shipwrecked on an enigmatic world with no memory of her previous life. Players will join Reid as she sets out to get to the bottom of the mystery behind this bizarre land filled with secrets, puzzles, and a not-so-stable sense of time. Explore a beautiful overworld dotted with challenging dungeons in a classic, top-down, 3D action-adventure format in a rich, vivid palette. During her quest Reid will meet charming, enduring characters, engage in thrilling combat, and of course, find and upgrade a whole bevy of nifty weapons, items, gadgets, and moves — some of which may help her jump through space and time.
If you wish to know more about XEL then you’ll find it featured during the “Assemble: Spotlight On” come Thursday August 26th at 12.30 BST/13.30 CEST on the RocketBeans Twitch channel. This showcase will run for 90 minutes, shining a spotlight on Assemble’s portfolio featuring XEL, Endzone – World Apart: Prosperity, Plan B From Outer Space: A Bavarian Odyssey, Sphere – Flying Cities, ITORAH, Super Catboy, Orbital Bullet, Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos and Squadron 51.
Further, XEL, Lacuna, and Super Catboy, are also part of this year’s Gamescom Indie Arena Booth, the biggest shared indie developer booth in the world.
Key features of XEL will include:
- Sci-fi Dungeon Diving: The world of XEL features a vast, extensive overworld and challenging, Zelda-like dungeons to explore
- A Deep Combat System: Become proficient at using a variety of attacks and combos, while dodging, and parrying to tackle and take out foes
- Gadgets & Guns: Master and upgrade your weapons, shield, and gadgets to smash your foes and open up new areas to explore
- Deep Lore and a Deeper Mystery: What exactly happened to this world, and who is responsible? Piece together a captivating story and dive into the legends behind the cryptic history XEL
- Spacetime? Not a Problem: Unlock special abilities that allow Reid to bend the rules of space and time, grantingher access to previously impassable areas and opening up new ways to defeat difficult enemies
Reckon XEL will be for you? Let us know in the comments or via the usual socials. And of course, we’ll keep you rolling with further details as and when they drop. XEL will launch Q2 2022 on Steam, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5.
Source link : thexboxhub