Initial thoughts may point to I Am Fish being another addition in the bulging net of fishing titles available on PC and console. But look deeper and you’ll begin to understand that you are wrong. In fact, this is the official sequel to 2017’s I Am Bread, pushed out by the same team which was behind Surgeon Simulator. Are you ready to get splashing with this unique and quirky little fish adventure? Surely the inclusion of Game Pass capabilities gives you no excuse?
Available to purchase, download and play right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox Game Pass and PC, I Am Fish will see you cast as a little fish who is heading off on a big adventure, and that means you’ll get to take in all manner of encounters, dangers, and weird little journeys.
It’s priced at £15.99, is optimised for the next-gen consoles of Xbox Series X and Series S and will have you helping a fish who has somehow found themselves away from the confines of their usual fish tank. It’s here where you’ll be left to swim to safety – flying (yep, flying!), chomping and rolling your way to the ocean waves.
It’s the freedom of I Am Fish which is most intriguing, but the characters that are present certainly deserve a mention. There’s the standard everyday Goldfish, but swimming alongside them are Pufferfish, Piranha and Flying Fish too, each of whom seem to have their own unique abilities and skillsets that you’ll need to utilise. When you’re trying to nail a ton of different challenges, you’ll want to call on the entire team in order to find success.
I Am Fish looks absolutely nuts, much like what was delivered in I Am Bread which initially sowed the seeds. Whether it plays out as well – spoiler alert: we LOVED I Am Bread – is up for debate but you can be sure that we’ll set up the usual review process and get some thoughts out there as soon as we can. The key feature set certainly sets up a sale…
- FINTASTIC FRIENDS – Meet our heroes! Goldfish – cheerful, brave, and adventurous, a natural born swimmer! Pufferfish – a little slow but kind-hearted who can also puff up into a ball and roll across land. Piranha – wild, chaotic, loud, unpredictable, and loves to bite – obviously. Flying Fish – a little aloof at times but a real softy at heart, with the ability to glide through the air! These plucky heroes will leave no bowl unturned, putting their heart and shoal into the mission to re-unite!
- NO NEED TO BE A BRAIN STURGEON – Swim, roll, glide, chomp, flip flop, inflate, fly and bite your way through enthralling challenges. A simple, intuitive control scheme leaves no excuses should your fish perish leaving you feeling very gill-ty.
- THINK OUTSIDE THE BOWL – With its idyllic coastline and quaint villages Barnardshire might seem like a perfect slice of quintessential tranquility, but to our aquatic adventurers it’s alive with the very real threats presented by crossing roads, traversing rooftops, dodging deep fat fryers, avoiding wildlife including the cantankerous locals, not to mention fragile fishbowls and the very real problem that fish can’t breathe out of water.
- LEAVE NO FISH BEHIND – We won’t dwell on grizzly fish death, but should your fish fall too far in whatever make-shift fishbowl it finds itself in, run out of air or generally flounder you will be popped back to the most recent checkpoint to refine your approach.
- SWIM TO FREEDOM – Our four fin-tastic friends will be hitching rides in all manner of ad hoc water carriers including jars, mop buckets on wheels and the occasional pint glass. Cheers! Navigating in each make-shift aquatic vehicle poses its own unique challenge, but don’t worry, the relative freedom of open water is never too far away with inviting fountains, swimming pools and err, sewers full of hazardous materials to splash around in, before reaching the final goal – the shimmering, open ocean.
- BE CAREFUL YOU DON’T FLOUNDER – Whilst I Am Fish may look like a piece of hake to play, actshoally the controls are deliberately designed to be challenging and with an additional layer of added Bossa Style controls, it won’t be like shooting fish in a barrel. Even if you are a dab-handed player, you might find yourself in deep waters – we dare you to dive in!
If you wish to pick up a copy of the game for yourself, just head on over to the Xbox Store and pick up a copy on Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S. It’s available through Game Pass too and that means there’s little reason to not get involved. Oh, and yeah, PC players can enjoy it as well.
I am Fish is a charming, physics-based adventure starring four intrepid fish friends, forcibly separated from their home in a pet shop fish tank. Over the course of the game you join them as they swim, fly, roll and chomp their way to the open ocean from the far-flung corners of Barnardshire (the smallest county in England) in their bid for freedom and to re-unite once again.
Source link : thexboxhub